The Department was founded in July 2015.
The main objectives of the Department are:
1. study of the Russian language for admission to TSU and other universities in Russia;
2. study of the language of a chosen scientific specialty profile;
3. introduction to the education system and adaptation to living conditions in the Russian Federation.
The Department is preparing the following groups of students:
1. Graduates of Russian schools;
2. International residents from countries of the former Soviet Union;
3. International residents.
The Department has students from China, Mongolia, the USA, Brazil, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Vietnam, Morocco, Iraq, and other countries.
The Pre-courses Department is located at the student residential complex “Parus” (Sail) and has a modern material and technical base.
Classes are held in four spacious training halls with a view of Mavlyukeevskoe Lake.